Amanda Dehart Graduate Intern
Anxiety and Couples Therapist in New York
Mental Health Counselor-Graduate Intern
My goal as a graduate intern is to help my clients with discovering how their strengths can contribute to achievement of their goals.
- Are you trying to find happiness in your daily life?
- Are you interested in learning about the root of your anxiety?
- Are you interested in learning how to diminish couple conflict?
I Help With
Adults discover or further explore their strengths, develop beneficial coping skills for depression, anxiety, and conflict resolution. I also assist with uncovering the root of their anxiety and diminish their couple conflict.
How I Help
I use a variety of therapies, including:
- Narrative Therapy: Utilizing externalization, I will assist you with discovering that you are not the problem.
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT): Utilizing complimentary language, I will assist you with discovering your strengths and resources, which will be beneficial to utilize for achievement of your goals.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): Utilizing cognitive restructuring, I will provide you with an opportunity to examine your thoughts, as you are distressed or upset; you will be able to change these thoughts to ones that are less distressing.
I specialize in helping adults with:
- Conflict Resolution
- Relationship Issues
I am a graduate intern. I received my Bachelor’s of General Psychology from Capella University. Currently I am completing my Master’s Degree at Capella University. I have been able to utilize my therapy skills throughout my studies.
I am knowledgeable about the intricacies of multiculturalism and holistic treatment. I am looking forward to assisting individuals and couples with any of the previously noted topics. If any of this resonates with you, please feel free to inquire about my services.