Destiny Phillips Graduate Intern
Anxiety and Couples Therapist in New York
Mental Health Counselor-Graduate Intern
My goal is to help individuals feel seen and heard with their daily struggles. I will provide a normalization of their emotions and thoughts and utilize healthy coping skills to assist in living a peaceful and meaningful life.
- Are past traumas impacting your daily life?
- Having relational issues?
- Trouble dealing with the family dynamic?
- Want to learn healthier coping skills?
I Help With
I help individuals who struggle with constant negative thoughts and emotions. We work together to identify triggers for their anxiety or trauma. I help my clients develop healthier coping skills, boundary-setting, communication skills, and building assertiveness within interpersonal relationships.
How I Help
I pride myself on being a culturally competent counselor. Each client is unique in terms of their background and experience, which is why an eclectic approach suits the individuality of each client and their needs.
I use a variety of therapies, including:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy – This allows me to help aid clients in their daily stressors by providing healthy coping skills that are proven to help reduce unpleasant emotions and overcome daily struggles.
- Trauma-Informed Therapy – This allows me to consider the impact trauma has on an individual’s well-being and how it shapes a person’s ability to cope. Trauma-informed therapy allows me to respect the sensitivity of an individual’s trauma as well as bring a sense of safety surrounding the traumatic event which helps me validate their thoughts and feelings.
I specialize in helping adults with:
- Relationship Issues
I am an advanced graduate clinical intern in the mental health counseling realm. I received my bachelor’s degree in applied psychology from Farmingdale State College. I am currently completing my master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling from New York University. Allow me to help decrease negative thoughts and emotions and improve the relationships you hold within your life, including yourself. Seeking therapy is a life-changing event and I am privileged to embark on this journey alongside you. I invite you to take a chance on yourself & embark on a journey with someone who will hear your frustrations and walk alongside you in finding worthwhile solutions. Contact me today!