Anxiety Intern in New York
Graduate Level Intern
My goal as a clinician in the making is to help people navigate their feelings, emotions and thoughts as they overcome life and all its transitional phases
- Are you struggling to have a healthy relationship?
- Are you struggling to understand the thoughts in your head?
- Do you feel like your past traumas are affecting how you view yourself?
- Are you struggling to achieve your goals due to your mental health?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then you are at the right spot!
I Help With
As a clinician in the making I want my clients to leave the therapeutic setting as a brand new person with tools and techniques to keep them emotionally regulated.
My Ideal Client:
- Struggling to find peace within their thoughts
- Overcoming grief
- Overcoming intimate relationship problems
- Struggling to meet new people
- Low self esteem
- Trauma Bond work
- Breaking generational curses through a multicultural lens
How I Help
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): To challenge, rewire, and understand one’s thoughts and behaviors
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT): For emotional regulation and distress tolerance.
- Mindfulness: To help clients stay in the current moment
- Psychoeducation Techniques: To learn the reason behind why things happen for deeper understanding.
- Person Centered: Creating a safe space for clients to share their thoughts and emotions
- Gestalt Therapy: To unravel past trauma that may seem like unwanted burden
I am a graduate student at NYU Steinhardt. I am currently in the process of becoming a licensed mental health counselor. I have worked for nonprofit organizations such as NYPIRG (New York Public Research Group). Our goal is to provide resources for underprivileged and diverse groups of students on urban campuses. I have also worked in the school environment as a mental health supervisor during after school activities which gave me the privilege to meet and witness the effects of COVID-19 on teenagers in the public school system. I enjoy working in diverse settings, and I hope to provide mental health services to the community that raised me.