Treatment for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, we can help. Our practice uses evidence-based treatment specifically cognitive behavioral therapy to assist you in reframing thoughts, identifying coping mechanisms and managing overall worries.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas; a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past; a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, We invite you to contact us today for a free consultation.